Monday, August 23, 2010

2 months in my home country LEBANON!

so i havent written in sooo long and the reason for that is because i have been in lebanon which is yes, an arab counrty but for all you idiots who think being an arab makes you a terrorist, IT DOESNT! anyways internet access is very limited here beacuse the electricity always goes out. so does the water but eh...thats just some of the perks of vacationing in a third world country! ive never written about where i come from so this is my chance. Lebanon is amazing and im not just saying that because its my home. im saying it cuz theres no legal age for anything!!! hahah woohoo! and the landmarks are to die for!! its amazing to be able to see years and years of tradition being passe down to generations. as a spoiled little brat who lives in the states its incredible to come here and get a HUGE slap in the face. seeing what i have taken for granted for sooo many years! year after year i come and vacation here for the summer and i never stop being amazed! and when it comes time to leave i get a huge frog in my throat and can barely talk because i cry so much! i love all my family and friends here. the home language is of course arabic, but many of the people speak french and almost 90% of the citizens speak English. its a great place to come vacation i cant tell you how many non-lebanese i see roaming in Beirut and letting themselves be overwhelmed with all the countries beauty! Lebanon has so much to offer!

3 comments:

  1. Lara, I'm so glad to hear an update. I wasn't sure what you were doing this summer. I'm glad you are having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey! thanks so much! i miss you! how are you and hows kaitlyn? what have YOU been up to this summer? busy huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. yup. really busy. Kaitlyn is good. She learned to swim this summer. I miss you too. Call me when you are back.

    ReplyDelete