Monday, August 23, 2010

sunrise! sunset!

Lebanon has the most amazing sunrises and sunsets! every year that i come i have to take pics of them both! Last night me and my cousin pulled an all nighter,and now i am sitting on my balcony on my swing and watching the sunrise. ITS BREATH TAKING! to my left is the bright warm sun peaking over the cascades. to my right are quite cozy little homes and sleeping people who are ready to start their day. as i stare far out in front of me i can see blue hills behind the busiest city in lebanon, Beirut. i can already hear the hussle and bussle of people, car horns honking as if to say "MOVE OR YOU DIE!" i see doors being opened, and smell fresh Kishik and Manouchies being made. i can only imagine the sight of my grandmother stalking over a hot stove preparing a huge meal for all our family this morning. one week left and im trying to savor as many memories as possible...with this damn economy, who knows when the next time i come will be? rooftops are flat, and buildings are tall, windows are wide and welcoming in a country that is raised with one thought in mind..."everyone is to be treated like family, and family always comes first." now that the sun is almost fully up, im getting a migrane...so goodbye my loves!

No comments:

Post a Comment